I have been MIA lately. Now I really don't have a good excuse, at least not like my cute sister-in-law. I have just been burnt out a little bit.
So sometimes I find it cheesy that people write what they are thankful for around Thanksgiving. I mean can't we just do that all of the time? Then I remember that that is the point of Thanksgiving. And sometimes we need reminders in our busy lives. So I thought I would join the band wagon and write a few things that I am thankful for:
* I am thankful that Reflections is over! I got roped into being in charge of it this year, and it was way more work then I ever thought. Kudos to those who do that every year. I never even thought about all the work you go through.
* I am thankful that my youngest is still light enough to pick him up and hold him. Those days are quickly coming to an end and I am so sad about this.
* I am thankful my daughter lights up every time I come in her class to volunteer and is proud to show me off to her friends. She will also hug me goodbye when I leave. I am afraid those days are quickly coming to an end too.
* I am thankful for Pintrest. Wait, maybe I am not. It absorbs all my extra time. Why is it so addicting?
* I am thankful for my dog. It is the best feeling ever to have something be so excited to see you every time you walk into a room. Dogs are so loving, forgiving, innocent, and loyal. All the best qualities.
* I am thankful for early mornings with my oldest. He is in middle school now and he has to leave an hour before the other kids. I make him breakfast in the early morning and talk to him about how he feels about his day. It is wonderful one-on-one time.
* I am thankful I am a morning person so I can spend time with my son in the early hours.
* I am thankful for a husband who lives to make me happy. Life is hard enough without struggling through your marriage. I am glad that isn't an issue for me. (Trust me I have other issues, but I am thankful that isn't one of them).
* I am thankful for dark chocolate. I gave up sugar a few months ago, and the only thing that gets me through it is dark chocolate.
*I am thankful that our cruise is only 2 months away! Can't wait!
Happy Thanksgiving!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment