Thursday, June 14, 2012

15 Big Uns!

Some of the best things about the last 15 years...
15. I love that you also love my favorite band, BNL.  And that we have gone to 4 of their concerts over the years.  One of my favorite memories ever is singing a BNL karaoke song with you on our cruise. Another favorite is listening to the BNL baby song in the car while taking our babies home from the hospital.

14. The birth of our 3 children.  We created miracles, and we make awfully cute kids.
 13. Aggie Games:  While you embarrass me so very much with your yelling at most Aggie Basketball games, I do admire your passion and the fact that you don't care what people think about you.   Aggie games are a fun, consistent date we have had for years.

12. The cruise we took for our 15th anniversary in January will always be one of my favorite memories.  Just being a couple for 8 days and exploring different parts of the world was amazing.  Glad I could do it with you and become closer to you along the way.
11. I am grateful for you when we went through a couple years of hell a few years ago.  While you were struggling too, you put your feelings on the back burner and took care of me.  You let me be sad, and angry, and depressed, and held my hand through it all and didn't expect me to bounce back until I was ready.  You worked tirelessly with me until I was healthy, physically and mentally.  You are my rock, and I honestly don't know what I would do without you.

10. I love that you love Disneyland as much as I do and we try to take our kids there often.  We went there for our honeymoon and continue to go back every other year.
9. I love that you have 3 good friends from high school that we get together with a few times a year, and usually go on one vacation with them every year.  All the wives are also friends and our kids are all the same ages, and we have wonderful memories with them.

8. I love that you still love Legos.  You are such a kid at heart and I love that about you.  You have passed on the love of Legos and imagination onto our kids.

7.   I always find it amazing that we finish each others thoughts and sentences and seem to think the same things at the same time.

6.   We always take an hour every night after putting the kids in bed to sit together and watch a show.  It is a priority to us to spend time together every day just the 2 of us.  I appreciate our commitment to that and how close we are because of it.

5.  Your parents.  They are so wonderful to us.  They help and support us in everything we do.  They are the most wonderful grandparents to our children.  Having good grandparents for my children is so important to me, so I am so grateful that we have them in our lives.

4.  We created the family I have always wanted.  I love that we are so close and supportive to our children.  That we know and care about them deeply.  That we have love and laughter in our home. One time you told me that while you are at work all you want to do is come home and spend time with your family.  That your favorite time of the day is when you are coming home to your family.   I love knowing that we are the first and last thing on your mind.
3.  I love that we make our relationship a priority.  We date, we talk, we try every day to make each other happy.  I am not worried about when our kids move out that we will look at each other and say, "who are you?"  Our relationship is first and foremost. 

2.  Chicken tortilla soup, good chocolate vs. Hersheys, the bleachers in our front yard, movies, trail mix, dutch oven, beefing up your truck, Emerson, lub... 

1.  The number one thing is YOU!  You are the best thing about the last 15 years.  I love you with all my heart.

Happy 15th Anniversary Babe!!


5 comments:

Jami said...

Fun Post! Congratulations on 15 years!! Your family is adorable.

Brett said...

Sarah, you're the best. That was a great list. I know you know that you're my favorite person! Love always.

Anonymous said...

I love it! So sweet. He is lucky to have you. Congrats!!!
Erica

TraciFree said...

We love you and Brett so much Sarah. Proud to call you family.

Karen said...

:) I'm happy that your found your #1 person!