I broke my foot this summer. Not exactly sure how. Let's just say I take clumsy to a whole new level: I can break bones in my sleep. Yep, I woke up one day and it hurt really bad. I went to the instacare and the doctor there didn't take x-rays because I didn't do anything to it to break it. He told me it was a Morton's Neuroma (google it).
I then made an appointment with my foot doctor to talk about this Neuroma. I couldn't get into him for a week and a half. So I limped around on my painful foot for 2 weeks. I kept telling Brett that this neuroma thing was weird because it felt like a broken bone. Turns out it was a broken bone. Stress fracture. My foot doctor could tell right away. He put me in a boot for 5 weeks.
It is my right foot, so I couldn't drive. This put a screaming halt to anything fun left to do in the summer. For 2 weeks we sat around bored, and I was pretty depressed. So sick of my constant bad luck (did I mention that our basement flooded again, right in the middle of this broken foot business).
I couldn't take it anymore, and I taught myself to drive with my boot on. It wasn't as hard as I thought, and it really freed me and the kids up.
So today was my 5 week appointment. My foot isn't healing very fast. My doctor wanted to put me in a cast to speed up recovery. I talked him out of it though because I can't drive in a cast. So he wants me in the boot for 4 more weeks!!
I start teaching school tomorrow. Teaching in a boot, in our un-airconditioned school is going to be a big challenge. Hopefully it is only 4 more weeks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment