Monday, March 10, 2008

Conversation with my 3 year old...

Alec really wants a shield to go with his foam sword. He has some allowance and wants me to buy him a "soft" (foam) shield. I can't find any in the stores so I have been looking online. He is getting impatient.

Alec: When are you going to buy me a soft shield?
Mom: I am trying to find one for you.
Alec: I know where to find one.
Mom: Where?
Alec: Well, the Soft Shield store of course.

Duh! Why didn't I think of that!

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Just an idea...but you could get that foam that they sell at the fabric store and cut it in the shape of a "soft shield". When I bought foam for a headboard I made they cut it cleanly with an electric knife (you know the one that you use to cut turkey). Just an idea if you can't find one.

sarah louise said...

That is a good idea. Do they have thick foam? All I can think of is the really thin foam.

Kimberlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberlee said...

I think I accidently deleted my comment last time. Oops

JoAnn's carried up to like 4 or 5 in. thick. I know they have it a lot cheaper at Fred Meyer (I mean Smith's Marketplace for those that don't live in Idaho) but I'm not sure how thick it was. You would have to make something on the back so that he could hold onto it....but I've seen the Halloween costumes you make, no prob for Miss Creative.