I had an MRI of my ankle on Friday (this is the same injury that occured before Christmas, it isn't healing). Anyway it was quite the experience.
The Tec doing the MRI asked me if I wanted to listen to music during the procedure. I said sure. He asked me what kind of music I like. I asked him what kind he had. He said, "Jazz, Country, Rock." Well I hate Country, so I said Rock. I figured that is what I usually hear on the radio...right? Well I was very wrong.
He put the headphones on my head, told me to hold very still for a half hour, and left the room. The next thing I know Hard Rock is blaring (it was very loud, so loud I couldn't even hear the really loud MRI machine) into my ears. I hate Hard Rock, though I could probably handle it if it wasn't very very loud, right in my ears!
So I have Hard Rock blaring in my ears and I can't move to take the dang headphones off, and I can't say anything without moving, so I am stuck listening to this crap for a half hour!
Here are the thoughts running through my head:
"Why is Rock such a broad term? Please remember to say Soft Rock next time!"
"I bet my brother Matt would be in Heaven right now!"
"I wonder how many brain cells or eardrums I am killing right now."
"I wonder if the Tec guy is laughing his head off as he watches me try to be really still while Hard Rock is blaring in my ears. I wonder if he did it on purpose."
"I wonder if this is what that guy on Lost felt like, who was trapped in that overstimulation room for weeks."
"I wonder if I will be overstimulated and go crazy from this experience."
"I knew there was a reason that I hate wearing headphones. From now on no more headphones!"
"I want to stick a fork in my eye!"
I survived, but I did feel a little dizzy on my way home!
10 years ago
2 comments:
You are correct Sarah, Matt WOULD have been in heaven. I, however, would have gouged my eyes out. I bought him tickets to W.A.S.P for Wednesday night (some old 80's butt rock band). I kept telling him he could take one of his heavy metal friends, but Noooooo, he wants ME to go with him. I am so smart.
Traci, I think I would rather stick a fork in my eye! You are brave!
Post a Comment