Friday, September 24, 2010

O'Canada

I wish it were under different circumstances, but I just spent a week in Nova Scotia Canada. It was wonderful. Nova Scotia is home to me. It was good to go home.
My Grandpa's memorial was good. He was cremated. (His urn is in the middle of the table). His memorial was at the Legion with his fellow Navy comrades presiding.
Me and my Grandma. We look alike (I think). It was wonderful to spend time with my Grandma. I miss her so much.
There was lots of family there for my Grandpa's memorial. Lots of family I haven't seen in ages. It was so good to see them all again. (some of the family from left to right: Grandma, cousin Trevor, Trevor's girlfriend Amy, Aunt Sherry, Aunt Lauren).
Aunt Lauren, Me, Aunt Sherry. (I am not sure where I got my height from.)
The beach. The waves were huge because of hurricanes. The water was freezing.
I got to meet up with some friends while I was up there. These are some of my best friends ever and I am so glad that distance doesn't stop these friendships.
Me and Leah
Me and Tanya
Me and Yolanda
I feel so blessed to be able to go home, be able to say goodbye to my Grandpa, to be able to see that my Grandma is going to be taken care of, and be able to relax with family and friends.

I also feel so blessed to be married to Brett. I didn't have to worry one bit about life back in Utah. He is such a hands-on Dad and is so on top of things. I appreciate his support. He is the best.

No comments: