Friday, September 3, 2010

Goodbye Pop

My Grandpa Hill (my "Pop") passed away today. He will be missed.

He used to call me his favorite granddaughter (I am his only granddaughter, but we won't mention that).

I lived with my Grandma and Grandpa Hill while I was in High School. They are very near and dear to my heart. My heart is sad that I will never talk or see him again in this lifetime.

My Grandpa was in the Canadian Navy. He married my Grandma in 1950 (they just celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary). They had 4 kids, Charles, Elaine, Sherry, and Lauren. My dad was their only son and he died in 1975. They are reunited again today. This makes me happy.

I will miss him playing his steel guitar, pushing his wheelbarrow around, sending packets of funnies he cut out, his phone call every other week, his loyalty, his smarts, his smile.

You were the best Grandpa ever. I love you. Forever.


Navy Picture 1951 (22 yers old)

My Grandma and Grandpa around 30 years old

The last time I saw my Grandpa was 6 years ago after Alec was born.
My Grandma and Grandpa Hill holding Alec.

Arthur Russell Hill
Dec. 23 1929--Sept. 3, 2010

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

Sarah-

Remember death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Prayers for you and for a quick pasport.

Loves and hugs,
Kim

Yolanda said...

You have his smile Sarah..you can really see the resemblence when you look at his navy picture.

Anonymous said...

Very nice... but now I am crying again!!