Monday, October 31, 2011

Let's go ahead and rap up this October, should we?

American West Heritage Center
 Brett's work had a Fall party here this year:
1. Riding ponies (only Brynn would do it).
2. 3-legged race (Brett and Brynn won).
3. Gavin ended up pulling Alec across the finish line
4.  Gavin and Alec sliding down a hill
5.  Brynn and her friend Natalie sliding
6.  Pumpkin Chuckin (Engineers and building things that throw pumpkins.  Very entertaining).
7.  Petting zoo
8.  Riding the train (Brynn looks so very thrilled).
9.  Corn Maze
Lagoon
We went to Lagoon for Freightmares
Alec's favorite ride is the Sky Ride.  I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I hate hanging in the air like that. 

The Pumpkin Walk
Some of our favorites this year:
1.  Kung Fu Panda
2.  Angry Birds
3.  Nightmare before Christmas
4.  Despicable Me
5.  Calvin and Hobbs
6.  Plants vs. Zombies
Carving Pumpkins


3 comments:

KatieM said...

oooo..you're lighted pumpkin pic is SO cool! I've never been able to pull that off. got any tips?

sarah louise said...

Yeah your shutter is going to stay open longer because there is no light. So put your camera somewhere where it is stable (don't hold it) because any movement will make it blurry. After you push the button it might take up to a minute for the camera to take the picture. As long as there is no movement you should get it. If you have an SLR camera, I could give you a few more tips. Let me know.

sarah louise said...

Also I have a little bit of light on in the hallway for the camera to have some light. And focus the picture with the lights on and then turn them off. Without light your camera has a hard time focusing. Hope that helps.