Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The first couple days of our Cruise

Back in June a friend of ours wanted to go on a cruise with her husband and opened it up to anyone who wanted to join them.  Brett and I decided that because it is our 15th anniversary this year that is how we should celebrate it.  So we signed up and waited 7 months.

We went with a total of 6 couples.  We left on Saturday the 21st.  We dropped the kids off at Brett's brother's house.  Then we flew all day with one other couple (the Whytes) and landed in Miami late that night.

I had made a reservation for a rental car and it was in my name.  That meant that I had to drive the car.  I have major anxiety with driving, let alone driving a car I am unfamiliar with in a city I am unfamiliar with.  Needless to say we got lost trying to find our hotel, and it totally stressed me out.  However, we finally found it and spent the night in Miami.

This is an Iguana that was just walking around the Hotel and ran up a tree.  I think Iguanas are like squirrels in Utah.  It was crazy to see.

The next day (after accidentally driving down two one way streets) we met up with our group and boarded a shuttle to the boat.
The view of Miami from the Cruise Ship


Sitting on the deck watching Miami pass us by as the ship set sail.
The view of Miami off the back of the boat.
This is the map of our journey:
I will continue to share more of our cruise in the next few days.  HINT:  It was AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yay! Can't wait to read all about it :)

Kimberlee said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good time! And a tiny bit jealous that I didn't get to go with you. I want a cruise.