Saturday, July 19, 2014

4th tri

I did my 4th triathlon today.  I have been training with my friend Nancy.  This was her first triathlon.  We spent lots of early mornings swimming and biking.

I was feeling pretty good about my training for this one.  My bike training was the most I have ever done.  Unfortunately reality hit me hard.  The day before the Tri I went for a really small run.  I didn't want to push myself, just get my heartrate up a bit.  About half way through my foot started hurting.  By the time I got home it was hurting pretty bad.  I decided to ignore it and pretend it didn't hurt.  I iced it and stretched it and pretended it was fine.

It still hurt the morning of the Tri.  I still ignored it.  I had a small panic attack during my swim.  This slowed me down and frustrated me because the swim is my strongest leg.  It sucked.  The biking was great.  I felt great and my time was the best biking time I have ever done.  The second I got off my bike I knew I was in trouble.  Just stepping down on my foot was excruciating, but I didn't come that far to quit now.  I did the run, but it was more like a very slow limp.  I couldn't run, I couldn't even walk fast.  I slowly limped the whole 3 miles.  My time was horrible, super horrible.  But I did finish.

This Triathlon was the worst one I have ever done.  My swim sucked and my run sucked even worse. 

Three days later I saw my foot doctor.  Turns out I tore a tendon in my foot.  My tendon was torn and I did the triathlon anyway.  I like to think of myself as a BAD-A.  Just kidding the slow limp really took the wind out of my sails.
This is my 4th triathlon and 3 times out of 4 triathlons I have hurt my feet.  I think it is time to take the hint and stop running.  My feet hate it obviously.

My friends I did it with did awesome though.  I am glad I was able to do it with them.

SWIM
 BIKE
 SLOW LIMP
 Ivy, Christina, Nancy, Me
 The best, and cutest, cheerleaders ever!!!

No comments: