Sunday, August 24, 2014

Examples

I married an amazing man.  Seriously his goal every day is to make me and his kids happy.  He has been out of town this week.  This week has been a horrible week for him to be gone.  School started.  Not only did my kids start, I started back too. I will spare you the crazy details, but lets just say I really missed Brett's help this week.

Brett usually takes care of the kitchen and without him here, and it being a busy week, it got neglected.  I tried my best, but by this morning it was horrible.  I have a presentation I have to give tomorrow, so I don't have time to tackle it.

I went out to make dinner and my sweet 14 year old son had completely cleaned the kitchen, mopped, and started a load of laundry (mind you it was a clean load that I hadn't taken out of the laundry room yet, but at least he tried).  He could tell I was stressed and wanted to help me.

It brought tears to my eyes because I am so proud of the man he is becoming, and because I have an amazing husband who is such an amazing example to my kids, especially my boys.  He is teaching them with his actions how you take care of each other, and to be aware of others needs.  I hope my boys grow up and love their families, especially their wives, as much as their dad does.


No comments: