Monday, December 1, 2014

Even good choices can have bad consequences

I hurt my foot while training for a triathlon this summer. I was exercising, trying to do something good for my body, and it back fired on me.

After being in a brace for 4 months my doctor ordered and MRI. I had torn a tendon and a ligament. They were torn in a way that they wouldn't heal on their own. So that meant surgery. I had surgery on Nov. 20th.

I can't walk on that foot for 2 weeks, and then I have to stay off it as much as possible for 4 weeks after that. My rented knee scooter and I are becoming good friends.
My cute little 1st graders made me get well cards.  They are the cutest things ever.
I have been spending a lot of time in bed watching AFV with Alec, and Once upon a Time with Brynn.  (Alec made me a heart out of the Wii remote strap).
My big fat sausage toes.

No comments: