Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween 2014

We bought Annie a sombrero on our cruise and that was the idea for her costume.
Brynn was a creepy doll.  (We are now officially beyond cute girl costumes, sigh)
Alec was Captain Olimar.  Captain Olimar is a video game character from the game Pikman (see below).

I may or may not have shed a couple of tears this Halloween.  My Gavin didn't dress up, he was way too cool for that, and he went to a Halloween party all night with his friends.  Brynn dressed up, but then promptly went trick or treating with friends in another part of town.  Brett went to an Aggie Basketball game.  That left me and Alec all alone on Halloween. 

I took Alec and a friend trick or treating and I felt sad that these days are almost over.  I probably only have one more year of trick or treating with my last kid.

I used to love making my kids Halloween costumes and taking all 3 of them trick or treating.  Checking out all the candy laid out on the floor afterward, and then tucking them into bed after a long, fun day.  Now I stay up late waiting for my teenagers to come home and wondering where the time has gone.

I am so thankful I got to experience my little kids at Halloween for many years.  Now that era is coming to an end.  I think I need to change my tactic now.  Create our own teen Halloween party every year so I can still enjoy Halloween with my kids.  I am not sure, but I will think of something.

I guess the good news is that I work in an Elementary school.  I get to dress up and see lots of cute little kids dressed up.  They aren't my kids, but I still get to enjoy this holiday with them.

Oh and I have my dog.  I can always dress up my dog :)

No comments: