Monday, February 25, 2008

How kids interpret things

Gavin
Dad: Hey are we ready for our big Oscar party? (Which is a total joke since we don't even watch the Oscars).
Mom: Oh yeah!
Gavin: An Oscar party, I want to come!
Mom: Do you even know what the Oscars are Gavin?
Gavin: Yeah I totally do.
Mom: What are they then?
Gavin: You know that green guy on Sesame Street.

Brynn
Brynn spotted a little boy with a Mullet the other day.
Brynn: I just saw a kid with a funny haircut.
Mom: What did it look like?
Brynn: It was short and spiky on top, and looked like girls hair on the bottom...weird!

Alec
Alec: I want to wear Soft pants today. (meaning sweats or anything else without a button and zipper).
Mom: What are jeans?
Alec: Hard pants.
Mom: Why are they hard pants?
Alec: Because they are hard to get off and on.
Mom: So pants that aren't hard to get off and on, are soft?
Alec: Yeah!
(Hard = Soft, instead of Hard = Easy).

It always amazes me at how kids view the world.

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

I love that, Brynn!! That is what I am going to start calling a mullet, short and spiky on top and a girls cut in the back! Adorable.