Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I can walk!

I went to my doctor today for my 2 week follow up visit. He took off the stinky, sweaty, uncomfortable cast! I got to wash my foot for the first time in 2 weeks. That felt wonderful! He put me in a boot for 2 weeks, and then I go back to my ankle brace for a month or so. The good news is that I can walk! I need to take it easy for a couple of weeks, but no more crutches (or crushes, as Alec calls them). I can't tell you how nice it is to walk around my house!

My doctor is a funny guy and likes to goof around. When I was going in for surgery he came and wrote his initials on my ankle (I guess they do that so they know which one to cut into, so there aren't mistakes). When Brett had his wrist surgery his doctor drew a smiley face on his wrist. I (joking) complained to my doctor that all I got was his stinking initials, when my husband got a smiley face. He just laughed at me, and then they put me under. Well when they took the cast off my foot today this is what we found:

The 2 places where he cut me open are the eyes. It was pretty funny!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is hilarious. I bet you are so excited to be able to walk on your own again. I hope your recovery continues to go well.