Alec and I were driving in the car today. Here is some of our conversation:
Mom: "Hey Alec guess what?"
Alec: "What?"
Mom: "I love you!"
Silence
(Alec for some reason never says "I love you" back. He never has, and I don't know why.)
Mom: "Hey Alec, can you say I love you back to me?"
Alec: "No"
Mom: "Why not?"
Alec: "Cause I only will tell you that on Sundays."
Mom: "Makes a lot of sense to me."
Alec: "I know."
10 years ago
5 comments:
My kids usually tell me they love me when I am cooking something they like or when I say "Yes" to something they thought I was going to say "No" to. By the way I LIKED the cookies. I ate 4 1/2 (probably 5)of them and when Newell got home at 5:30 I handed him the LAST cookie and said Sarah made these and they are Yummy. I did not mention how many cookies had been on the plate.
Hey Sarah: Guess what?
What?
We love you!
We love you too!
Post a Comment