Friday, February 19, 2010

The Pros and Cons of Winter

It seems like on every blog I read lately that there is much whining about winter and wanting it to be over. There is definitely spring fever in the air.

I swear I am the only one on the planet who doesn't want winter to be over. I enjoy winter. I have a lot of reasons for this. Here is my pro and con list:

Pros:
1. No bugs. There are no spiders, ants, earwigs in my house and no stupid hornets that just won't die, outside on every nook and cranny of my house.

2. No gardening. I hate gardening. It is just an endless cycle of weeding and watering. Mostly I give up and by the end of summer weeds have taken over. I can't keep up.

3. No mowing the lawn. (Though I have never mowed a lawn in my life) it is a pain for Brett to find time to mow and weedeat the lawn every week.

4. No sweating. I am a sweating fool. I am always hot and the summer just makes me miserable. I hate sweating and in the winter I don't sweat. In the summer I sweat just sitting still. My feet are also sweaty and annoying in the summer. In the winter...no sweaty feet.

5. Bulky clothes. I love sweaters, hoodies, and long pants. It is so much easier to cover up those massive trouble spots of mine in the winter. In the summer I have to wear short sleeves which show off my lovely flappy arms, and shorts which show off my lovely veracious veins.

6. No reason to be out in a swimming suit for the whole world to see.

7. Sleeping soundly at night because it is cold in my house. I hate sleeping in the heat. I sleep much better in the bitter cold.

8. Life slows down. Especially in January and February. There are minimal family gatherings, school gatherings, church gatherings. Fewer commitments and less stress (at least for me).

9. Aggie games. Basketball season is in full swing over the winter. I get to go out with my husband a few times a month and meet up with Brett's family for Aggie Basketball games. Way fun.

Cons:
1. Driving in snow
2. My boys constantly jumping off the walls
3. I can't work out/walk outside
4. Seriously that is all I can think of.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Pro #5 is my favorite- winter clothes are the best!

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

I don't mind the cold weather but I wish the four feet of snow would melt outside.

Kiley said...

...and you have a freakin awesome babysitter to watch your kids for you while you go to the aggie games :)

sarah louise said...

So True Kiley! So True!

sherry said...

Sorry, my Sarah, we will have to agree to disagree on this one! I LOVE SUMMER!! To each his own...