Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Are You Listening?

Do you ever wonder how well people listen and process what you are saying?

I got an infection in one of my surgery incisions (because constant road bumps are our motto around here). I went to the ER (because it was a Saturday and that is when you always get sick or need to see a doctor...another motto at our house). This is the conversation I had with the NP:

NP: What did you have surgery for?
Me: A hysterectomy
NP: Is there any chance that you could be pregnant?

Me (in my head) FOR REAL?

10 comments:

sherry said...

Boy, that really inspires confidence in the old health care system... I'm sorry but I had to laugh!

Jessica said...

Seriously!

Woolf Family said...

so so funny I would of laughed in his face

Melissa Hernandez said...

logan regional.....good grief!

Kimberlee said...

SHUT! UP!

sarah louise said...

No Melissa the Specialty Hospital.

Ivy said...

LOL! That is classic! Sounds like a something a stand-up comedian would use.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

HA HA! I really don't know what else to say.

Lori England said...

I would of kicked her!

jmfrancis said...

I had the same thing happen to me at McDonalds recently. I asked the clerk which of the chicken sandwiches I could get with grilled chicken. She tells me, so I choose one. Then she asks, "crispy or grilled"? Huh?