This blog has been a bit boring lately. I am losing my blogging motivation. I wish I could be funny and witty and wise. However, I am just down to the facts boring. Why this is bugging me lately I can't explain.
Anyway let's get back to the facts:
*Brett had his last IV infusion today. He is very happy about this! He is doing much better and plans to go back to work next week. (The only weird thing is that his leg is so swollen that when you push your finger in it it leaves an indent for like 5 minutes. It looks like clay and is weird and gross).
*I am trying to train for a triathlon. Being big and fat does not help with this process. But hopefully through this process that will change. I have the swimming down and in good time. The running is another story.
I hate running. Hate it with the power of a thousand burning suns. I can never breathe right and I feel like I am dying when I run. I can also feel my fat slap against itself when I run. Not a very motivating factor.
I started running this week. I can't go very far. And who knew that running used your quads so much? I feel like I have done a thousand lunges and want to cry when I sit down or get up.
*The kids had their first soccer games today. Alec is playing this year. So we had 3 games today. Alec kept picking up the ball with his hands. Watching 5 year olds play soccer is hilarious.
*Our kitten thinks he is part dog. He chases his tail, chews on everything, and plays fetch with his favorite toy (a rolled up glove).
*There is less then 30 days of school left. Time to start prepping myself for kids at home for 3 months.
*I really should be working right now, but I am doing a good job distracting myself.
10 years ago
5 comments:
glad Brett is on the mend... stop being so hard on yourself, you will do great with your training... laughed soo hard about the cat... and go teams... Love Aunt Sherry.
Running is FUN ;)
I am so with you on the running! I hate it too! I am glad to see Jen likes it since she is on my relay team! :D However having said that it does get easier...(kind of). I loved all your "boring" facts.
I almost hate to admit this, but I was totally being sarcastic in my previous comment. I don't think I will ever like running. I do however like how it makes me feel, so I will continue and June 18th is fast approaching. Julie, I will try my best to be a good team mate,I'm really nervous though...
There is a reason you never see smiling happy runners. Thanks for the random update on the Francis Family. Inquiring minds wanted to know.
Post a Comment