Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I am an anomaly and it is driving me crazy. I have been for years now. And today I am going to whine about it.

I exercise at least 5 days a week for at least an hour, usually two. I eat heathier than anyone I know. I could write a book on health food. I know every detail about complex carbs, good fat, balancing carbs with protiens, how many carbs and protiens you should eat a day, etc. I also know a lot about the biology of the body and how it processes most foods and how to burn them off.

I know way too much about being healthy to be the size I am.

This frustrates the crap out of me. Especially when a lot of people around me drink loads of soda, and eat cookies for dinner, and they are at a normal weight.

I have to work very, very, very hard just to maintain the weight I am at.

Right now I am training for a triathlon and I haven't lost any weight. Even though I exercise 2 hours a day. I am pushing myself too because this is for a race. (I gained 9 pounds when I had my hysterectomy and I have finally lost it, but really I am back to square one so I don't count those 9 pounds).

No one can give me any answers. They just tell me to try harder. For real? I am not sure I could try any harder.

Now I know I am not perfect at my eating. I do have a treat a couple times a week. But I am very aware of portion size and am careful of what I eat.

There really isn't any reason why I am the weight I am. It frustrates me. It makes me angry. I would deserve to be this weight if I sat around all day and did nothing. But I am trying, doing everything you are supposed to to be healthy and I am still a big fat girl.

Three years ago I was at my heaviest weight and I deserved to be there. I was going through some Hell in my life and I ate my way through it. Since then I have been trying hard to lose the weight. I took pictures 3 years ago and found them the other day. I decided to take some today and compare. I have lost around 25 pounds since then (25 pounds in 3 years) and I do look better in these pictures. That makes me feel a little better. Progress is progress I guess. But I want more, I am working for more, and I wish I could be given more.

Done whining. Going to go ride my bike.


(The shorts are the same ones from 3 years ago. They sure have faded)

2 comments:

smdc said...

I am so with you on this one... I have the same MO and everything... doesn't help when DH thinks that I just have to "suck it up" a little more to see better results! If you find the "fix," let me know!

Kimberlee said...

I was just thinking yesterday how good you look. Seriously. But you're right, you work your tail off! I admire you. Alot.

P.S. I had to look up the work anomaly. Why yes, I am *that* lame.