Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back To School 2010

Guess what I did today? I went to the bathroom with the door left wide open. Because I can! All 3 of my kids started school today. They are all in school full time now. That is 7 hours.

When your kids are babies and toddlers you dream of this day (at least I did). When you get a break as a mom to think and get things done (or just go to the bathroom without interruptions).

I have to admit it is a little bitter sweet. My kids are so grown up. Part of this breaks my heart. The other part thinks, well as long as they are going anyway, might as well take advantage and enjoy myself.

I do work from home so it isn't like I have all day with nothing to do. So when people ask me what I am going to do with myself, trust me, I have a big fat list of things to do. It will be nice to get work done while they are gone instead of being a neglectful mom while I try and juggle work and home at the same time.

(I am looking forward to sweeping my floor and watching it stay clean for most of the day :)


Riding the bus (this is Alec's first time riding the bus because our school boundries changed this year. Actually this will be the only year in my kids lives that they will be in the same school together).
Brynn 4th grade

Alec 1st grade

Gavin is way too cool to have his mom take his picture at school. He is starting 5th grade.

1 comment:

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

All your kids look so grown up but especially Alec. Yeah for that in the future who ever far away it may be for myself.