* I jumped the gun when I called this a miracle. His iris had actually fallen backwards and his eye sphincter was cut.
* The sphincter is like an elastic. This picture was right after his accident. The elastic was still in place somewhat. After awhile it "unraveled" and became smooth. Just like cutting an elastic.
* The sphincter muscle cannot be fixed.
* His iris is done growing.
* That means his eye will always look like this.
* In these pictures he is looking out the window. One pupil is small. The damaged one cannot shrink at all. Even in the light.
* I know there are worse things in the world, but as a mother knowing that your perfect child is deformed in any way is heart breaking.
* He will always have to protect his eye while outside.
* He will eventually get a cataract in it.
* He needs another surgery on March 1st. The doctor is going to try and sweep the iris up a bit. But he is not confident it will work. Even if it does the sphincter still will never work.
* The doctor says this is a very rare thing, to cut the eye sphincter. That pencil beat the odds and hit at the exact right place to cut it.
* We have the worst luck ever.
* The second picture is a good look at his stitches. They fascinate me. There are five of them. On the eyeball!!
* He has tears in his eyes because he is tired of his mom trying to get a good picture of those stitches.
10 years ago


3 comments:
That is so trippy. It looks like you photoshopped his eye that way!
I agree, the stitches on his eyeball are quite fascinating. But his poor little tears make me so sad. How do you protect his eyes when outside? Just by wearing dark sunglasses? Is his vision still going to be okay?
That is so sad. I hope he defies the odds again and the surgery will do amazing things. I will be praying for him.
Post a Comment