Saturday, July 16, 2011

Triathlon 2011

I did my second triathlon on Saturday July 9th. I did the same one last year. I actually worsened my time this year by 30 seconds. That is because I am an idiot and couldn't figure out the maze of the finish line. I also didn't run as well as I thought I could. Overall I was disappointed in my time and performance. The only thing I was happy with was my swim. I added 15 seconds but that was because I had to pass 5 people and that slowed me down. But I passed 5 people!!! That was an awesome feeling.

I can't be too hard on myself though. Look what I can make my big body do. I can go farther and harder than a lot of "skinny" people I know. I proved to myself that it doesn't matter what size you are, look what I can make my body do. I also don't want my kids to have a bad body image. I try and be an example to them that being healthy is way more important than being skinny. And you can do a lot of things if you put your mind to it.


Waiting in line to start the swim. My kids wishing me good luck.
Swimming (500 meters)
Biking (12 miles)
Running (5K)

I did it!!!

4 comments:

Kimberlee said...

You are amazing Sarah!

smdc said...

Great job! Way to go! :)

Karen said...

You rock the Cazbah!!!

Anonymous said...

You are da BomB Ms. Sarah.. love ya, Erica