Yesterday we were driving home from Grandma and Grandpa Francis' house. We went down to wish Brett's dad happy Father's day. On the way home in the car my kids were laughing and taking selfies and generally getting along. This in and of itself is a miracle. It makes my heart happy when my kids get along and seem to enjoy each other. It is usually not for very long, so I will take it when I can.
The song Viva La Vida came on, and all of the sudden all my kids and my husband were singing together and playing musical air instruments. I would have joined in, but I was really enjoying hearing all my favorite people's voices singing together. It was one of those moments where I felt just content. My heart swelled up with love for my little family and I smiled.
In the thick of life, sometimes those moments feel few and far between. As my kids get older I realize I am soon going to lose a lot of those moments. But for now I will enjoy riding in the car listening to Gavin's voice crack as he tries to hit high notes, and everyone singing along with him.
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment