Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girl's Camp

I am the assistant Camp Director for Girl's Camp (an LDS youth group camp for 12-18 year old girls). I have mixed feelings about Girl's Camp. I love the girls and we have so much fun every year. However, cooking, cleaning, planning, feeding, and watching over 23 girls for 4 days is very exhausting! I am very tired!

We colored pillowcases, tied flip-flops, made bracelets (I found out that I am not good at this craft), swam in the river, ate good food, had spiritual experiences, played night games, goofed around, hiked, shared one porta potty (with 35 people), and didn't get much sleep. Sounds like good times to me!




5 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Shouldn't the girls be doing most of the cooking and cleaning? They are certainly old enough! :)

Melissa Hernandez said...

Go girls camp, I actually had a blast, minus the porta potty situation and Tuesday night's sleep! But can I say you make one killer Dutchen Oven Dinner!!!!!! Let me add one more exlamation point in there!

Rebecca said...

Wow! So much has changed. I barely recognized anybody. Looks like fun.

Kimberlee said...

Cute flip flops. How did the bingo game turn out?

sarah louise said...

The bingo game was a blast! You really should do it for your reunion!