I have shingles. This is the third time in my life that I have had it. They are on my back. It is miserable. The chicken pox virus lays dormant in your body and come back as shingles when you are an adult. They come out on nerve lines and develop into blisters and cause a lot of pain.
The chances of getting shingles before you are 45 is 10%. The chances of getting recurrent shingles is even smaller. And the chances of getting it in the same place on your body is even smaller.
Why can't I have luck with these odds with something cool, like the percentage of the population that are a size 2, or ever winning at bunco, or winning a trip to Disneyland?
So far in my life the great odds have only been applied to bad luck. :)
10 years ago
4 comments:
Sarah, I feel bad for you! One of the women I used to work with had them, and I know she was in quite a bit of pain!! Hope you feel better soon. PS Keep playing bunco, just in case the luck shifts...
You better play the lottery! :)
Sorry :( you feel yucky.
Wow that stinks! Shouldnt your body get an imunity to them? I know they do with the chicken pox. But, then again it sounds like you are not the norm. So sorry!
Lori, most people only get them once and develop an immunity. I am one of the few who get them more than once!
Post a Comment