For Alec's Mario party we made the kids Mario and Luigi hats. Then we gave them mushroom pouches to keep their coins in. They earned coins for each activity and then at the end if they had 10 coins they earned a star. The stars were sugar cookies they got to decorate themselves and eat.


The activities we did were:Throwing fireballs at the piranha plants coming out of the "pipe."

Shooting Boos with nerf guns
Pin the mustache on the Mario
Throwing water ballons at "Bowser." (I made a Bowser costume out of a Towel. Gavin was excited to play the role for us).
Pinata
Then we sent them home with Yoshi loot bags.
Later we had some family come over for some Mario Cake and ice-cream.
Alec told us this is the best birthday he ever had! We are so glad we can make him happy on his special day. We love our Alec. He brings lots of fun into our home. He has a big personality and an even bigger smile. Happy 6th birthday Alec Walec!(Brett designed most of the props. He is very artistic and amazing).
(I can't take credit for all these ideas. I found them here .)
6 comments:
LOVE IT!!!! What a fun birthday! I am sure Alec will remember this forever. What great parents he has.
Um... you can throw a theme birthday party for me anytime!! This rocks. You are way too fun :)
that is awesome I'm going to do the same for Nate's birthday this year
Cool sounding party! I also read the story about his birth, SCARY! So glad things worked out great!
http://bernicewood.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/is-your-cup-empty-or-full/
oh my gosh, that is sooo stinkin cute!!! I may have to call you for party ideas in the future, so adorable!!!
Charlotte won't take her mushroom necklace off.
Post a Comment