If you get queezy easily you may not want to look at this. So abort now.
This is Alec's eye. His iris will probably always look like this. We figure he will think it is cool to have a different looking eye. Cool party trick.
If you look really close on the bottom right you can see the stitches. It looks like they go to all the way to the left side too. Crazy. I have never seen stitches on an actual eyeball.
Anyway he is doing really good. The doctor is so pleased with his progress. It looks like we are out of the woods and just need to be careful for awhile. He needs to be put back under to get the stitches out in 5 weeks.
He is also out of school this whole week and needs to try and stay calm. This is easier said than done with a 6 year old boy. He is very frustrated that he can't play like he wants to.
We are so happy he is doing so well. Also his eye sight seems just fine! Thanks for all the prayers and love.
10 years ago

8 comments:
Thanks for the update. We have been thinking about you guys. Glad to hear all is going well.
OMG... pretty scary, so glad he's recovering well!
My boys think his eye looks cool. I said it kind of look like a reptile's eye and Tucker said " ya it looks like a dinosaur eye and that's good cause Alec loves dinosaurs"! I'm so glad he is going to be okay. Miss ya.
So scary at the time, but you have to be relieved that it didn't hurt his vision. And, seriously, His eye looks SO good! If the picture wasn't that close (and big) you wouldn't even be able to tell that it was damaged at all. The stitches are cool. I like that you pointed them out. Thank Heaven for modern medicine (and miracles)! ~Holly
oh my goodness...that is the coolest eye ever, he is going to love showing that off when he gets back to school...glad he is doing much better!!
I am so glad that he is doing well! I have thought about him alot :)....really I have!! Anyways, I am pretty darn sure this eye will come in handy to pick up the "chicks"! I sure hope he continues to get well and that he will be back to a rowdy 6 yr old boy before too long!!!
Whew! the power of prayer at work...we'll keep it up as long as needed! :)
So glad he is doing so well! We really miss him at school. The kids made cute cards today. I am sure he will love them.
Post a Comment