Thursday, January 13, 2011

Update Number One

I am a wee bit behind on my blog. Part of it is being busy, part of it is motivation. I have a few updates I need to make in the next few days (or weeks, or months, cause my motivation bucket is pretty much empty).

When I went to Canada in September for my Grandpa's funeral I noticed bags of his clothes that my Grandma was planning on giving to good will. I talked to my aunts and cousins and together we picked out some of the clothes that reminded us of him. I borrowed one of my Grandma's suitcases, and without my Grandma knowing I snuck some of his clothes back to Utah.

I then used them to make my Grandma a quilt with them. I sent it to her for Christmas. It was very emotional to work with my Grandpa's clothes. I miss him.
Notice the middle of the quilt. These are his socks. He always wore those socks and they remind my cousin Trevor of him. So I pieced together a couple pair of socks and added them in.
I really hope this can give my Grandma a little bit of comfort. I know it is tough for her right now.

6 comments:

TraciFree said...

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Sarah.. that quilt is AWesOmE.. I bet your Gma loves it. You are a nice granddaughter! Erica

sherry said...

Sarah, it's just beautiful! Grandma loves it... a little hard to look at (sometimes) but very comforting at the same time... I know you know exactly what I mean:) Love, your Aunt Sherry

Kate T. said...

Sarah, that is such a thoughtful and wonderful gift. I'm sure your grandma was very moved by the quilt & it keeps your grandpa very much alive in your memories.

KatieM said...

what a thought gift! Brought tears just reading about it. Condolences to you all!!

KatieM said...

what a thoughtful gift! Brought tears just reading about it. Condolences to you all!!