Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Alec's Dinosaur Dig Party

Alec wanted a Paleontologist Party this year:

While waiting for all of the kids to come we played "Pin the Pterodactyl in the sky."
Then everyone got a hat, binoculars, a bucket, shovel, and brush

We went outside in the sandbox and searched for dinosaur bones (plastic dinosaur skeletons).
When they found one they would brush the sand off with their brushes.
Then we played a game where each boy had a dinosaur tail tied to them and they had to knock down some dinosaurs with their tail.
We then went inside and classified our dinosaurs. They had to look at their skeletons they found and try to match the skeleton with the correct dinosaurs.
We then played a relay game with baby dinosaurs in plastic eggs.  (They had to balance an egg on a spoon, run down to the "nest,"  crack the egg, and take the baby dinosaur back on the spoon).
Pinata time!
Then we had cupcakes with "dirt" and "bones" on them.

And then it was present time.
The boys seemed to have a good time.  Alec sure enjoyed digging for dinos with his friends.

4 comments:

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

First of Happy Birthday Alec. Second I think I have said this before but I am so jealous of your kids parties I wish I was as creative a mom as you are, so fun!!!

TraciFree said...

Sarah - have you thought of doing this as a second career? Because really, your kid parties are the bomb.

Julie said...

That is so creative! I love the games! Happy Birthday to Alec.

Kimberlee said...

Another fabulous party, Sarah. So so fun. You rock, you know that, right?