Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Locker Combinations

I have this reoccurring dream.  I am in school and I can't remember my locker combination.  I keep trying to get my locker open, but I can't.  Then before I know it school is over for the day and I have missed all my classes because I never got my locker open.

I wonder what a dream analysis would make of that dream.  It probably has something to do with feeling out of control in my life most of the time. 

Like the fact that I am so not in control of time, or how fast it passes.

Today we registered Gavin for Middle School. Not sure how I feel about this. It just makes him jump into a big kid world. I am not really ready for that.

He got his locker and combination, and tried successfully to open it. Now begins the lifetime "can't open my locker" dream for him.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have that dream all the time. Sometimes I can't even find my locker.

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

Gavin is getting way to old I wish there was a freeze button sometime to keep kids from growing... only for a little while anyway.

Kimberlee said...

I hate that dream! When I started waitressing my school dreams turned into waitressing dreams - cound't find any salads to serve, had 100 tables at one time, ran out of Diet Coke - you know, that kind of stuff. :)

I can't believe Gavvy is so big. And also, happy birthday to Alec. I feel so bad I forgot to call. I kept reminding myself to do it and then I forgot. So typical of me. Hope it was a great day for him still the same. XOXO