Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tagged

In light of anything better to post, and because I don't want my sister-in-law Kim to have all the fun, I am finally posting a tag I got from my friend Josie.

Tell 7 of my many quirks:

1. I don't like Christmas. Yeah I have been called many times a scrooge for this, but come on people everyone has a holiday they don't enjoy that much, mine just happens to be Christmas. I have been told since I was a girl that someday I will find the joy and enjoy Christmas, and I just don't. While not everything about Christmas is bad, it is just too much work for 20 minutes of enjoyment. I would rather do Halloween and Thanksgiving any day over Christmas.

2. I can't stand dirty kids. It literally drives me crazy when kids have dirty fingernails or hands or clothes. I am a little OCD about it, and my kids have stopped asking me why when I ask them to wash up a few hundred times a day. They also need to always have clean clothes on that fit and are cute and their hair must be combed at all hours. I have tried to lighten up on this, but it is almost impossible for me.

3. I have major anxiety about the phone, and swear who ever invented e-mail invented it for me. I hate calling people, even people I know and am comfortable talking to. I never know what to say, or how to end a call, or if I am disturbing them, or if we can yell over my kids in the background, or if I can somehow politely get off the phone after hours of talking and I know they don't want to stop. Honestly I think it over was too much and it just makes me anxious. This is why my cell phone is only $7 a month. I don't ever use it! I would rather e-mail any day!

4. Speaking of cell phones...they drive me crazy! Honestly people who do you need to talk to 24 hours of the day? Get off your cell phone and read a book at the doctor's office, or learn to drive! I really don't want to hear how much you love your girlfriend while waiting for the dentist, or how so-and-so offended you while I am in the cereal isle. I am not totally against cell phones, I have one. But it is only for emergencies such as checking on my baby sitter, or letting someone know I am running late. I hardly ever talk more then 5 minutes on the thing.

5. I love going on vacation, and I don't do it often enough. If I could I would go somewhere away from home every month. Being away from the day-to-day makes me happy. I really wish I could afford a summer home or cabin or something and just go there every once in a while. I love the planning and the being away from the normal. However, I hate the coming home and unpacking part.

6. I love winter. However, no one believes me and tries to talk me out of this thought, or tell me how irrational this is. I honestly have never met anyone who also likes winter. I like being cold over being hot any day! (I really hate being hot, it makes me so grumpy). I like snuggling up in blankets, drinking hot beverages, and not having many places to be. We all slow down a little in the winter, and I like that. I also like not having to worry about my yard and gardening, or my kids being outside and getting dirty (:

7. I love breakfast. I swear if I could eat breakfast food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I would. My husband is not a big fan of breakfast, so we only make breakfast for dinner when he is out of town. Most days I eat scrambled eggs or cereal for lunch. One of my many favorite things to do is go out to breakfast. Though with kids, and a husband who doesn't enjoy it, I usually only get this pleasure for Mother's Day every year.

I have many more quirks...trust me! But these are some of the ones I feel comfortable writing about (:
Kim if you haven't been tagged with this one yet, then I tag you! (and anyone else who wants to be)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am with you 100% on the phone thing! I am a total phone-a-phobic! I want to cry everytime I have to call someone (except my mom and sisters)!

Kimberlee said...

Amen! on the phone thing fellow phone-a-phobic's. HATE IT! Makes me nervous.

Rebecca said...

That's why we love you Sarah. Who would you be with no silly quirks?

Ang said...

I hate the phone, too! But I love dirty kids - kids that start out clean and cute - it means they've had a fun day.