Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Alec

Alec turned 5 today!

We had a pirate party with 5 little friends. Brett created an awesome treasure hunt. We played pin the treasure on the map. And we made X marks the spot cupcakes. (Since I am still recovering from my surgery I have to give all the credit to Brett who pulled off a great birthday party with 6 little pirates).
Then Grandma and Grandpa Francis, my friend Laura and her little boy Carter, and Steve, Angie, and Emily came over for dinner, cake, and ice cream.
Happy Birthday little buddy. Our "baby" is 5. This is hard to believe and I also can't believe how emotional I am about this. He is so big!
We love our Alec. He is a funny character. He loves an audience and to be loud and goofy. He has a good heart and cares about people and their feelings. He loves swords, shields, dress-ups, and snuggling with his mom. We are so glad he is a part of our family.

5 comments:

Lori England said...

How funny. My baby will be 5 on the 18th. Are you putting him in kind. or are you keeping him back? It is always a hard call when they are that young. Hope you are still filling well

sherry said...

A big Happy Birthday to Alec!! Hope it was fantastic. As I posted earlier, Mom did not forget Alec's birthday, she's just running late as usual. Tell him his card is in the mail... Love, Aunt Sherry.

sherry said...

PS Sarah I hope you feel better soon!! Take it easy. Love, your Aunt Sherry

tracifree said...

Aarrrggg. He's a mite cute boy, he is.

Kimberlee said...

Happy Birthday Alec! Hope Brett (and you) survived the party. What a cute 5 year old you have!