Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Alec started Kindergarten today. While I am not sure I am thankful for this (he is my baby and it is hard to let him go), I am thankful for my Alec and that he is a part of our family. I am also thankful to watch him grow and learn and become his own little person.

If you ever have a baby born in July or August, almost from the minute they are born, there is a discussion of whether or not you will send them to school or hold them back for another year. We had a hard time deciding this with Alec, but in the end decided he would benefit from going to school.

Alec was so scared to go to Kindergarten. All summer he said he didn't want to go. Doing something new is very hard for him. I worried that we were making the right decision. He met his teacher last week and came home saying he was so excited for Kindergarten. Phew! He was so happy to go today. That makes me feel better. I think he will love school. He loves to learn and play.

I am sure that in a few weeks I will enjoy my time to myself every day. Today it is hard. It is hard to see your youngest grow up because this is the last time you will experience things.

7 comments:

tracifree said...

Love the Dinosour shirt. Way to go little buddy!

Karen said...

I'm glad meeting his teacher made the difference for him. Exciting stuff that kindergarten business!

p.s. I'm sorry your sad.

Niki said...

He did great today! There were a few kids that had a hard time joining the group but Alec jumped right in and was always good to raise his hand and try to answer questions. He's a cutie! =)

sarah louise said...

Niki that is so good to hear because he came home said he didn't like Kindergarten and proceded to have a melt down. He doesn't handle new things very well, but it is good to know that it is only manifesting itself at home and not at school. That makes me feel much better!

sherry said...

Give him a couple of days, and he will have settled in like he's been going for ages!! Yeah-Alec!!

Kimberlee said...

I was thinking of him (and you) today. Hope all went well.

Lori England said...

Shay's birthday is Aug 18th and people were always asking me if I was going to hold her back. Two things made our desision easier. One she is supper tall and two she grew up in day care so she was ready to go. I hope all goes well for him! It is hard for kids to grow up and be indepandent.