I am an intense person. I quit apologizing for this trait awhile ago. This is who I am. My intensity gets things done, with gusto. I am also a perfectionist. If I am going to do something I expect myself to do it well.
When I have a goal or deadline these traits come out with great force. Along with this comes stress, because I have to do it and I have to do it well. That is what I expect of myself.
So big days like Christmas stress me out because I have to put all my energy into them. I can't help myself. I think the fact that I really don't like Christmas makes this goal more stressful and unenjoyable.
I work my butt off for most holidays, birthdays, lessons, get-togethers (once again it is who I am). But most of these I enjoy, and while I am stressed, I am still happy about reaching the goal.
I do remember the true reason of Christmas and try to include this as much as I can during the Holidays. However, Christmas comes with a lot of other things attached, and those things make me a little grumpy.
But don't worry, everything will get done, but I don't necessarily have to be happy about it :)
10 years ago
2 comments:
That post was for me wasnt it? I do not mean to offend. I just want to help you enjoy life. It is true that I do not know you well anymore or elce I might of understood your last post. Know I love you and hope all is well.
No Lori, that wasn't for you. I was just thinking since the last post and wondering why I can't just slow down and not worry about things so much and cut down on everything. I just decided it is just who I am. So I shouldn't complain because I do this to myself, but really writing these posts I am just trying to work things out in my mind and come to terms with why I struggle through this time of year.
I love you too my friend!
Post a Comment