CAUTION: Complaining and whining coming up...
I really don't like Christmas. Some of this is for personal experience reasons. But most of it is because I feel like a chicken with my head cut off all the month of December. There is too much planning, buying, running all over the planet, trying to please too many people. Oh and everyone wants a piece of your time or money.
I have a stress headache all month!
Everyone around me do not seem so stressed out. They love the holidays and are always smiling. Why do I feel like the only one on the planet who is constantly running around and never having enough time to enjoy the holidays? I have even tried to cut back on some things and still feel stressed.
Granted a lot of people I know do not work 2 jobs. I suppose if I didn't work I might have more time to just sit and enjoy. Or maybe if I just had 5 extra hours in my day. Or if us hosting all the family Christmas parties didn't land on the same year.
I don't know. All I know is that every year I dread this month. And it never gets better.
Well I better go I have to cook for a party, wrap some presents, find some music for a game, prepare a Sunday School lesson, work for another hour, and find some time to sleep.
p.s. The only good thing about Christmas is it makes my kids happy. I suppose that makes it all worth it.
10 years ago
4 comments:
You know I'm there with you! Just a few minutes ago I was thinking "my favorite thing about Christmas is January." I seriously can't wait until it's over, it makes me giddy to think about it.
There you go, it is all for the kids. And it will be over soon, so hang on to your sanity for a little while longer... Love ya lots!!
You need to take all the commercial things out of it and remember the reason for the season. I do not do christmas cards(I might this year I have cute pictures), we try to skip all the Christmas parties, and we do not give gifts to every extended member of our families. We read stories every night that are about Christ and that is great. And we do not over whelm our kids with gifts. It is to commercial and pricy! But, there are no expectations on us to hold parties or give gifts because we never have and you sound like you have been in a crazy Christmas world for a while. So, good luck with trying to enjoy the season. Sorry you are stressed!
YOU make ME happy Sarah!
Post a Comment