Dear old woman in the hot tub at the pool where my kids take swimming lessons,
You really have no right to tell me that I am a bad example to my kids, and that I should teach them to follow the rules, and that it is in everybody's best interest.
I wasn't teaching them to not follow rules. I was teaching them to question authority sometimes when rules are inconsistent and not making any sense.
And after questioning the lifeguard in front of my kids I did tell them to follow the rules. Even if inconsistent and stupid.
I hope to teach my kids to understand why someone is asking them to do something and not blindly follow.
If you even knew me at all you would know that I am the biggest rule follower there is. I hardly ever stray from rules and regulations. But every once in a while a rule doesn't make sense and I have a right to figure it out.
Oh yeah that is right, you don't know me. And because you don't know me you really shouldn't be telling me how to raise my kids.
Too bad your parents didn't teach you how to mind your own business.
Sincerely,
The mom at the pool who thought the rule some kid randomly pulled out of his butt was obnoxious.
10 years ago
2 comments:
What a putz. I hate people like that...
Do people really think their unsolicited advice is helpful? Or do they somehow feel better about themselves by making you feel like an inadequate mom? Either way, SUCK IT!
Post a Comment