Saturday, July 10, 2010

It is official...

I can now call my self a triathlete! I did my first sprint triathlon this morning. It was so hard and so fun at the same time.

It was also a very emotional experience when I finished. I pushed my body to limits I didn't think I could. Especially after the last two years of major health problems. I am finally starting to feel healthy and in control of my body. Today was a testament of that. Even though I am heavy and slow, I did it!

I reached my three goals:
1. Finish
2. Not be last
3. Finish under 2 hours.

I am proud of myself for trying, and training, and overcoming my doubts.

Swimming


Biking

Running
(Angela came back with Brynn and Mikenna to finish the run with me)

Me and Ang after the race

I also need to give a shout out to:

*My sister-in-law Angela who has been doing triathlons for a few years now. She is the one who inspired me to do this. And she drove 4 hours to do it with me.

*My friends Erica and Julie who ran with me everyday and pushed me when I didn't want to. And my friend Karen who was willing to swim with me very early in the morning and didn't complain when I made her walk up stairs to build leg muscles.

*Everyone else in my life who constantly gave me words of encouragement. I have some amazing family and friends in my life.

And a very big fat shout out to my husband who supported me in every single tiny or big aspect of this race. I couldn't have done it without him and his complete confidence in me. (I love you baby!)

6 comments:

KyAnn (like Cayenne Pepper, only HOTTER) said...

I AM SOOOOOOOO FLIPPING PROUD OF YOU!!!!! This is amazing. Oh my heck I am in awe of you. You ROCK! Love ya!

Jen said...

YAY!!!! Good Job!

Julie said...

That is an amazing accomplishment. WAY TO GO!!!!

Melissa Hernandez said...

You go!!!! That is so awesome, I think I would have passed out after the first lap of swimming, you're amazing!

Kimberlee said...

YOU ROCK, my dear!!

Karen said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to get together (swimming? ;) and talk about the whole thing. You are one of me heroes!!!