Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Listography: Pet Peeves

I love making lists, and I love talking about myself so when I stumbled on Listography I was excited to try it.  Listography gives you topics and you make a list about the topic.  Sounds fun to me.  So I think I will do try and do one of these each week.  The lists are random.  The first list that came up was Pet Peeves. 

1.  People constantly talking on their cell phone.  Seriously I do not need to hear about your weird growth on your big toe while I am grocery shopping.  I also could do without you running your shopping cart into mine because you are on your cell phone and can't push your cart one-handed.  Get off your phone, pay attention to the life around you!

2.  Chewing.  I really struggle with people chewing with their mouth open or chewing loudly.  It sends shivers down my spine and makes me want to scream.  Ask my kids they will tell you all about it.

3.  People who make a left hand turn into the turn lane and drive in the turn lane until they can get into an actual lane.  It isn't a driving lane!  Come to a stop and wait for an opening.

4.  People who don't merge into the lane until the very end.  They drive right by everyone else and get to the front of the line and then merge.  Drives me crazy.  Why is their time more precious than mine?

5.  Immigration.  They are always mean and rude.

6.  People who talk loudly in the movie theater, throughout the whole entire movie.  I paid just as much money as they did and deserve to enjoy myself.  Shut up!

7.  People who upload really fuzzy or sideways pictures onto blogs or facebook.  It is easy to turn them the right way.  This is annoying.

8.  Women who still sport the 80's big hair with the teased bangs.  That was so 20 years ago, maybe it is time for an update.

9.  People who assume their point of view is your point of view, and can't understand why you don't think exactly like they do. We are all different, and that is okay.

10.  Most of my pet peeves involve rude people and driving.  I just wish more people would be more respectful and nicer to others.

I am sure there is more, but 10 sounds about right.  Those of you who like lists, join in with me!

6 comments:

Jen said...

I love this! I want to play too... I love making lists so this will be right up my alley.

Karen said...

Me too. Watch for a list on my blog :)

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

I am the LOUDEST chewer in the world Mike is a close second. I think it might be a family thing. I have had so many comments from Gretta, Rachel, Spenc, Andrew, and Heinz over the years about my loud chewing. I really can't tell. So next time I came to visit I'll make sure I sit on the other side of the table:) PS that will be the end of June by the way.

Anonymous said...

Anna I know Mom is super sensitive about chewing so I think some of us are too because she always brought it to our attention. I thought it was silly growing up, but now I totally understand where she was coming from. I have never noticed your chewing. And yay your coming this summer. We will have to get together!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

Fuzzy sideway pictures I hate that.

So I hear you are the women to see about a Handmade Superhero cap, LOL.

My boys love being supers. It's their side job

Write it in Lipstick

Kimberlee said...

The chewing pet peeve makes me laugh. Only because that is Spence's pet peeve too. And I think your right, must have came from ur mother. I was eating doritos the other night while Spence was studying. He put on head phones - no joke. Oops. :)

And also, sideways pictures bug and I'm not even a photographer.