Saturday, March 5, 2011

Oh man what a week!

This last week has been pretty full, eventful, and fun.

On Tuesday Alec had his second eye surgery. They took out the stitches. The doctor could not fix the shape of the pupil. That is okay. Alec thinks he can see better in the dark and thinks his eye is cool!  The surgery went well and he recovered fast.  He can stop wearing his protective glasses next week!  He is very happy about that.
(sorry about the crappy picture. This is off my phone and I didn't know how to upload it so I took a picture of the picture off the phone)

On Wednesday we packed up and took off on our annual Midway trip with friends.  We stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Francis' house on the way to have pizza, cake, and let Gavin open presents from them.  We got to the Condo late Wednesday night.

Thursday was Gavin's birthday.  He turned Eleven!!!  Holy crap!  On Thursday morning Gavin woke up and opened presents
.
Instead of a friend party this year Gavin wanted to invite a friend to Midway with us.  He took his friend Parker who used to live across the street from us, but moved 2 months ago. 

Thursday afternoon the girls went shopping while the boys went swimming.

Thursday night we went tubing at Soldier Hollow.  We have never been tubing at night before.  It was very fun.  The temp dropped and made the snow very icy.  That made the tubing very fast.  I didn't take a lot of pictures because 1. I actually got to tube this year (the last two years I have not been able to).  2. It was dark.
Brynn
Parker, Parker, and Gavin
Parker and Gavin
Brynn, Alayna, and Bailey

The first run of the night was slushy and Brett ended up pulling Alec most of the way down the hill.  After that the snow froze over and the tubing was much better.
Alec

After tubing we took Gavin out for Chinese food (his choice) and then had cake and ice cream back at the condo with everyone.

On Friday we went swimming, packed up, took Parker home, stopped at IKEA on the way home, picked up our puppy, got home and took a breather.  It was a crazy week, but we sure had fun.

5 comments:

KatieM said...

What a great way to celebrate it all in the middle of winter! look like a BLAST!

Mikey, Anna, Lillie and Sam said...

That is so fun I love tubing. FYI you can text message pictures from your phone to your email and use them from there. There might be better ways, but that is how we put pix on our computer from our phones.

sarah louise said...

Thanks Anna, good to know. I will try that.

Kimberlee said...

I love that Alec thinks he can see better in the dark with his new eye shape. That kid...I love him.

What a fun little get-a-way.

And don't think, even for a second, that I'm not going to be calling you about a cape for Jace Buddy. :)

Talk to you soon.

sherry said...

Sounds like you had a BLAST!!