Thursday, March 24, 2011

Listography: Phobias

I have lots of phobias.  I suffer with anxieties and sometimes they get so bad I am almost paralyzed with them.  I fake my way through them a lot.  But here are a few:

1. Bats. I once had a bat fly into my hair. I am now very afraid of them. They creep me out big time!

2. Lake water. There are dead things in lakes. Also I am afraid of fish chewing on my feet. I like water I can see the bottom of.

3. Passing semis on the highway. Seriously every time I pass one I have a mini panic attack.

4. Mice. They are fast moving and dart out at you. I am very afraid of them. If there was ever one in my house don't think I could ever sleep again. I think we would have to move.

5. My basement. I swear there is someone lurking down there ready to jump out at me. Or there might be a mouse down there.

6. Haunted houses. I do not like feeling out of control and being in the dark with things all around you ready to jump out at you, I am not in control of this. Scares me to death.

7. Cable cars. I do not like being suspended by only one cable. It makes me so nervous. The sky ride at Lagoon, Gondolas, ski lifts...forget about it!

8. Heights. I am very afraid of heights. Even thinking about being high up somewhere makes me nauseous.

9. Large crowds. I get claustrophobic and can't breathe. I feel lost and unknown. I don't like it at all.

10. Performing in front of people. I can't do it. Also I don't do public speaking well. Stage freight and embarrassment overwhelm me.

11. Talking on the phone.  Don't know why.  Just the thought of speaking to someone on the phone makes me panic.  I can talk to them in person or email or text just fine.  There is just something about the phone.  Though people I am really close to I don't mind talking to them on the phone.

12.  Trying things new for the first time.  I avoid doing anything for the first time.  It makes me panic when I don't know what to expect.  Once I do it I am fine to do it again.  There is just something about the first time.

13.  Talking dolls.  I saw a Twilight Zone with a talking doll that killed everyone, when I was younger.  Creeped me out.  I am now creeped out by all talking dolls.  I swear they are really alive and are going to attack me.  Creepy!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am totally with you on #1,2 4,8

Karen said...

I love the new header!!! :)