Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 3 (Tuesday 24th)

This day was a sea day (the ship didn't stop anywhere).  Mostly this day was spent like this:
(Go ahead and be jealous.  It was heaven sitting in the sunshine reading my book all day)

This is what the water looked like when you looked straight down. The patterns were cool.
My lounging/reading buddies:  Tammy, Ashley, and me

This is all of us at the Bliss lounge that night.  (That lady in the picture was naked, hence the x's).
Coby, Kim, Amber, Keith, Tammy, Raul
Cammie, Stan, Ashley, Josh, Brett, Sarah
Those of you who know me well will be shocked by this next bit.  I hate to perform in front of people.  It makes me so very uncomfortable (weird coming from a girl who went to State in drama in High School).  I hate it so much that I won't even sing in front of my family while playing Rock Band.  I won't even sing in the car if someone is in there with me.

So here is the shocker:  I got up with Brett and sung Karaoke.  I actually got up in front of friends and strangers and sang!!  We sang "If I had a Million Dollars" by BNL.  This is a duet, and I have to say Brett stole the show on this one.  He can sing, and saved my butt on most lines. 

I still can't believe I did it, but it was fun.
And because I already made a fool of myself I figured doing it again wouldn't hurt.  So all of the girls got up and sang "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi.
Your steward is supposed to make you a towel animal when they turn your bed down at night (go ahead and be jealous again.  Not only do they make your bed, they also turn it down (spoiled much?)).  This is what was waiting for us this night.  It is a seal.
Unfortunately that is the only animal we ever got.  I was a little jealous that others in our group got snakes, and monkeys, and something different every night.  Our steward wasn't the best one out there.  (Brett's theory is that he hadn't passed the animal towel folding course yet :)

2 comments:

Jami said...

Sure looks like you guys had a super awesome time, and the "seal" seriously cracked me up! Consider yourself lucky :)

Karen said...

You were jypped! I would demand monetary compensation for the lack of towel animals.