Grand Cayman Island
Warning: This post is going to contain A LOT of turtles
I love turtles. I don't know what it is about them. They just are interesting and even cute to me. So we jumped at the chance to hang out with turtles for the day. One other couple (Coby and Kim Carling) came with us and we went to a turtle farm. They let us hold the turtles and it was super fun.
These are the turtles they use for breeding. They are really big (I wish you could tell how big from the picture).
These are 3 month old turtles
This is a one year old turtle
This is the one month old turtle. Look how tiny. They were so cute.
The Carlings with a two year old turtle. (This one flapped a lot and actually cut Coby's hand)
Baby Turtle. It fell asleep in my hand. So sweet.
This is an Albino Turtle
This is their oldest turtle there. She was 80 years old and 555 pounds! She was huge!
They also had a shark tank.
A trainer feeding a Nurse shark by hand. Very interesting.
Then we got to go snorkeling with some fish and turtles.
After the Turtle farm we went back by where the boat ports and met up with Amber and Keith at the beach.
Me, Amber, Kim
Hanging out with pirates
The boat taking us to our ship.
I think Cayman Island was my favorite port on this trip. The people were super nice, the turtles were awesome, and the island was clean and happy.All cleaned up on the ship at sun set
Beautiful end to an awesome day!























3 comments:
That sunset is AWESOME! I'm so glad you guys had a great time. I need to call so I can hear more about it in person rather than just through your blog. XOXO
I love the turtles!!! So fun that one fell asleep in your hands. You are the turtle whisper :)
Fantastic pics, Sarah! Glad you guys had a nice trip:)
Post a Comment