Jamaica
We stopped in Jamaica for the day.
I agreed to do another thing I swore I would never do. Brett and my friends talked me into zip lining through the jungle. We got off the boat and a van was waiting to take us to the zip lining place. Jamaica drivers apparently don't have any rules and the ride was terrifying. We made it, only to transfer into jeeps that took us up the side of the mountain. I think this was even more terrifying. It was like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland, though 10 times worse, without seatbelts.
Ashley brought a cup of water and it was hilarious watching her try not to let any water out. By the time the jeep stopped she had hardly any left. It was so bumpy! We got our gear on.
Everyone who went zip lining.
My legs were shaking so bad. I am very afraid of heights. I didn't think I could do it. This is the first line (there were 9 of them). I screamed and didn't open my eyes. See the fear in my face when it was over: But by the 3rd run I opened my eyes, stopped screaming, and actually enjoyed it.
Brett was a pro.
One of the guides helping us was named Carly. We started calling him I-Carly and became fast friends.
Walking back to our bus the jungle was beautiful.
We then met up with the rest of our group who didn't go zip lining. They had a cab driver hired for the day and he took us to a restaurant where his wife works. The food was really good. Most everybody got Jerk Chicken. (That is our waiter in the back).If we could have stopped our visit to Jamaica right after we ate I would have loved Jamaica. Unfortunatly we went into town to go shopping. The people were so in-your face pushy and manipulative in the shopping areas. It is hard to describe but it was so overwhelming I started having a panic attack. Needless to say we were ready to get out of there. In the end Jamaica was a very emotionally challanging day.
It was very beautiful and laid back and most of the people we met were wonderful, so it wasn't all bad. I just don't think I would be sad if I never went back.













No comments:
Post a Comment