Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Saturday: On Gavin's actual birthday he got to open presents in the morning


A 3DS!!!
That night he had a friend party with 4 of his friends.

We started out with each kid making their own pizzas thanks to Papa Murphys!


Then they played some Minute to Win it games.  Here are a few:

The noodle game
Stack the nuts game
The marble game (this was the biggest hit, rolling marbles onto double sided tape)
Then we took them to a local restaurant.  There they have something called the kitchen sink that they fill with a huge banana split.  All five of these boys took it down pretty quickly.  They did slow down a little at the end.
The other 4 of us got one too.  But we only got through 1/2 of it.

Slowing down
We got the bumper stickers to prove it!!

Then it was back home to open presents and run around like the sugar crazed boys that they were.
I filled jars with candy and...
They filled up bags of it at the end for their goody bags.


Sunday:  On Sunday Gavin was ordained a Deacon at church.  Grandma and Grandpa Francis came up for it.

Then we had lunch and opened presents and had Zelda cake.

Grandma and Grandpa with Gavin.  (Steve and Angie's Family also came over for cake and ice cream.)
Gavin is exactly the same height as his Grandma.
It was a great couple of days.  Happy 12th birthday Gavy Poo!

3 comments:

Kimberlee said...

The kitchen sink?! I want one for myself. That thing is huge!

What a great birthday for your twelve {twelve!} year old - who looks more and more like his dad every single day.

Happy Birthday Gavin. We love you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ann said...

Girl, where have I been? I have missed your whole life! a 12 yr old? sheesh I remember fighting with you during volleyball practice when I was a stupid teen. I cannot believe you have a child that old. I cannot believe I dont have a child. ouch. ok. well your daughter is simply beautiful! Your photo skills are amazing and I am going to put you on my blog list so I visit here more often! I think you are amazing! Keep lovin those kids!