
Today we had our final weigh in for our biggest loser competition. Before I reveal the results I want to write down some of my thoughts.
We have been doing this weight loss competition for 10 weeks now. The first 5 weeks I really pushed myself beyond what I ever thought I could do. I was walking 12 miles a day! And though it was hard at first I really started to enjoy it. It made my body feel better and my moods feel better and I liked taking time out for just me. It was also a great experience to find myself becoming stronger and breathing easier and pushing myself further.
About 5 weeks into this I found out I was pregnant. I cut my workouts to 7 miles a day. A couple of weeks later I had to cut them to the 3 miles I do every morning. I also started slowing way down. I could tell I couldn't push myself quite as hard. That was actually a hard adjustment for me. It was hard to slow down.
I still have been losing weight even though I haven't been exercising so much. But I do think exercising that much pushed my body to be comfortable with losing weight because this is the first thing that has worked for me. The last few weeks I haven't been eating any sugar. This pregnancy is proving that sugary things taste, smell, and sound gross. I think that has contributed to my continuing to lose weight. It is kind of nice to be forced to eat good things.
I really want to keep active during this pregnancy, though my last two pregnancies have put me on bed rest. I just don't want to lose my momentum or these muscles I have gained in my calves! I am planning on still exercising in the morning and hopefully I can do it for awhile and stay healthy through this pregnancy.
I am grateful to the group of ladies who I did this competition with. We have become good friends and the help and support we have gained from each other means a lot to me. Some of us still plan to work out in the morning at a gym. It will be good to still motivate each other.
Anyway at my final weigh in I lost 3.5 pounds. Making it a grand total of 19.1 pounds! I am very happy about that! I also was the biggest loser and beat the next girl by 0.1%! Barely! I am grateful for this experience.
So I lost the weight just in time to gain it all back! (:
7 comments:
Congrats on being the biggest loser. That is awesome!! I always heard the better in shape you are during your pregnany the easier it is to lose the weight after, so do what you can. Did I mention your awesome?!?
Sarah that is awesome. Congrats on coming out in first place. I am so excited for your new baby. Love Ya, and Congrats.
you are sooo awesome, nice job!!
Way to go Sarah!!
Congrats Sarah...I am beyond proud of you!!rx
what did you win
what did you win?
Congrats! You go girl.
Post a Comment