This may be a boring post for some, but I feel like I wouldn't have made it through this tough time without some great people supporting me. So this is my thanks to them:
I first want to thank my amazing husband. You are the most supportive, wonderful person on this planet. You let me cry, ask questions, and get angry without question. You always let me know what I am feeling is okay. I have always felt comfortable and protected by you. Even though you are going through a sad time too, you have been there 100% for me. Thank you for all you do for me and our little family. You also do the housework, and cooking when I am not feeling good. I appreciate not having to worry about anything when you are around.
To my mother and father-in-law, Don and Peggy: That first day when we found out and our family was so sad, you showed up without us knowing you were coming. You brought flowers and hugs. This meant so much to me! It means so much to have good family to count on. Also thank you for always helping with my kids, even at 6 in the morning! I can always count on you and that means a lot to me. Thank you for all you do!
To my sister-in-law Angie: Thank you for always being there for me to support me in any way I need. I can always count on you in a pinch. I appreaciate your friendship and your love and concern for our family. This time I thank you for helping me with pictures and for the yummy dinner and for always being willing to help with my kids.
To my sister-in-law Kim: Thank you for your knowledge of what I was going through. Sometimes we wonder why we go through the things we do. I think it is to help other people. You helped ease my mind and my heart. Thank you for your love and concern.
To my sister Anna (and her family): Thank you for the flowers you sent! They came right after I got home from my D&C and really helped make the day better. Thank you for being so thoughtful! The flowers are beautiful by the way!
To my sister-in-law Holly (and her family): Thank you for the beautiful flowers. You always know how to make me feel better. I appreciate your care and concern!
To my neighbor Josie: Thank you and your mom for the wonderful gift! I most especially want to thank you for your love and support. Thank you for checking on my every day and driving the kids to school and just being willing to help me in any way. Your friendship means a lot to me.
To my old friend Yolanda: Thank you for your care and concern for my family. Thank you for the wonderful blog entry and for all your wonderful thoughts and love. I appreciate your friendship.
To my brother Matt: Thank you for always caring about me no matter what! I am so glad that you are a part of my life.
To my friends Summer and Jen for the yummy treats and your thoughtful words of support.
To my new friend Melissa: Thanks for bringing my family that yummy dinner. You are such a kind person and I am glad to have met you!
There are many others that I need to thank that I know don't really read this blog, but for journaling purposes I will quickly list them: My neighbor and friend Ashley for always being willing to help in any way I ever need; My neighbor and friend Stephanie for your sweetness towards me always; My friend Megan who constantly checks on me and helps in any way possible; My friend Marci for calling and checking on me even when you were sick yourself; My friend Erica for being there for me through the infertility and for being supportive through this tough time too; My friend Eilene for understanding that life is tough and just letting me talk about it.I also want to thank everyone who left a comment on this blog, or who e-mailed, or called. I think the best thing to do for someone who goes through something hard like a miscarriage is to acknowledge them and thier sadness and pain. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers in my and my families behalf. I am surrounded by amazing people! Thank you!
And please forgive me if I have forgotten someone. Trust me, in my mental state right now I am lucky to have remembered this many!
6 comments:
I want to thank you Sarah for just being you!! You are such a strong and amazing person. Your friendship is something I will cheerish for the rest of my life!
Thanks for making me cry at work Sarah! I'll be sure to forward your sentiments to Matt. We do love you, no matter what! On a side note, please send me some dates that will work for you for the Hill Family Christmas. Muwah!
You make me miss the old neighborhood. That's what friends are for. Take care of yourself. I miss you and your family.
I agree with Yolanda. Thanks for being you Sarah.
I would give you my last ding dong darling....lufffffffff lots of lufffffffffff
You have a wonderful system of love and support - that's really awesome.
I don't know entirely about what you've gone through - but I do know a lot about disappointment and sometimes life really does just suck.
I don't know if I would give you my last ding dong, though...
Post a Comment