Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sometimes Life Really Stinks!

We went to our first doctor's appointment yesterday at 11 weeks pregnant. They did the first ultrasound and there was a placenta and an amniotic sac, however, there wasn't a baby. Apparently this is called a blighted ovum. The baby didn't develop properly and died off a couple of weeks ago. However, the placenta and sac kept growing and developing. My body still thinks it is pregnant and that is why I am still so sick and my belly is growing.

I am having a D and C on Thursday. I really just don't want to wait around for my body to miscarry it naturally. I don't think emotionally I could handle that.

Our kids are really sad, and so are Brett and I. Sometimes life just doesn't make any sense!

12 comments:

Jami said...

Oh Sarah, this makes me heartsick for you and your family, I will remember you in my prayers.

smdc said...

I am so sorry. My cousin just had her D&C this past weekend for the exact same thing. Let me know if you want to get in touch with her and talk.

christina pettit said...

I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. Sometimes life just isn't fair.

Kimberlee said...

WE LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your news.

Big fuzzy squeezes.

Love you.
J.

Jen said...

I am so sorry. What an emotional roller coaster this must be for you. If there is any thing I can do let me know.

Josie Murdock said...

Sarah, this just stinks! I'm so sorry, I know how much this meant to you. You know I am here if you need anything. Love ya, Josie

Melissa Hernandez said...

I was just sick reading this post, I know how excited you were. I know, sometimes life really doesn't make any sense. Please know I am thinking of you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah I'm so sad for you and am keeping you in my prayers. Life can be very unfair sometimes.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry Sarah. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Miles Family said...

We are so sorry to hear that. We love you and we will both be praying for your emotional recovery as well as your physical one after the D and C.
We Love you

Jessica said...

Sarah!! Wish there was something I could do or say. Wishing you the best. I am truly sorry for you and your family!