Remember when you were in Elementary School and Valentine's Day came around? Remember making your Valentines Cards for your class, marking off each kid on your list, adding a couple of conversation hearts to the envelope, and receiving 24 cards from the rest of the kids in your class? That was a good childhood memory.
I am thankful today that I can help create the same good memories for my kids.

We put together the kids Valentines last night. This is the first year that all 3 of my kids have been able to do it. Alec took his to preschool today, and Gavin and Brynn are excited for their Valentine's parties tomorrow.

Valentine's cards sure have changed over the years. There are no more envelopes, and the cards are much smaller. And now you have to tape your candy on the small card somewhere.
Gavin has Clone Wars cards this year. Brynn has puppies and kitties, and Alec has dinosaur cards.
6 comments:
I'm thinking Brynn REALLY wants a puppy....
I love doing the card thing too - one of my favorite things about having kids!
Valentines Day is such an exciting day. It is fun to watch what valentines card they want to give to what friends.
I opened the box of Charlotte's SpiderMan valentines and thought I had been jipped, "no envelopes?".
Hey Angie I have an idea: Why don't you get Brynn a dog and keep it at your house? Sounds like a plan to me!
As a teacher i love valentines because you get lots of chocolate! But i also dread it because kids are so CRAZY!
I remember making our Vday boxes for all the cards to go in. One year my mom helped me make a cow Valentines box, including Oatmeal cookies for the cow pies. Oh, we were so creative (and slightly obscene)! Happy Vday tomorrow.
And Traci, so cute that Charlotte picked out Spiderman valentines.
Post a Comment