Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It's official

It's official. I have lost my mind.

I am a list maker, and schedule keeper. I remember the second cousin of my my best friends sister's husbands birthday. I memorize phone numbers easily. I like to be on top of things. I used to take pride in this.

It is all going away. I keep forgetting things and am off schedule more often. It is driving me crazy.

This week I have made it official.

Because:

On Sunday I taught my Sunday School lesson and right after the teacher I team teach with told me that that was the lesson she taught last week. I can't believe I forgot that and I taught it again!

And today I realized I missed my awesome sister-in-law's birthday. I swear it was on Thursday, but no it was on Tuesday.

I think forgetting two big things in one week makes it official. I have lost my marbles.

(Happy Birthday a day late Kim!)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I have lost my mind also...seriously who shows up for water aerobics a 1/2 hour late-thinks they are on time-and doesn't even figure it out until a half hour later! Our absent mindedness must be rubbing off on each other! LOL

sherry said...

Sarah, I don't want to scare you but wait till you get close to my age!! I have, on many occasions, started down the hallway for something get about half way down and cannot remember what I was going for!! The part that will really, really scare me is when I start down, get halfway, and can't remember whether I was going down or coming back!! Could be any day now...
Love Aunt Sherry

Kimberlee said...

Love ya Sarah! You make me smile. And we emailed each other on my birthday so we'll count that. So see, you haven't lost your mind yet.

Lori England said...

Well, I lost my mind years ago so you are doing great if you are just loosing your mind now.

Rebecca said...

I think it is motherhood. As my kids get older our lives get busier..... and my mind get more like mush.
I heard the funniest quote yesterday "I may be stupid but I am not dumb!" LOL

christina pettit said...

That happens to me on a daily basis. I love ya a ton Sarah. Thanks for the giggles!
Christina